The Graduate Program in Biomedical Sciences is an amalgamation of six different departments, each with their own distinct research focus and faculty roster. Click on the links below to learn about the faculty research at each of the departments.
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Hayward Genetics Center
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Structural & Cellular Biology
- It is possible to conduct research in a clinical department. The rule of thumb is that the faculty’s primary appointment must be with either School of Medicine (Downtown campus) or Tulane National Primate Research Center (Covington). The Uptown campus and the School of Public Health are separate entities from the School of Medicine; their faculty CANNOT take BMS students. Dr. Prescott Deininger is the ONLY exception to this rule. For questions about whether a faculty is eligible to take in BMS students, please contact Dr. Diane Blake (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Dr. Zubaida Saifudeen (email@example.com) is on the BMS Steering Committee and is the appointed liaison for clinical research. She’d be happy to help you explore and find a niche in clinical research.
List of BMS faculty members, organized by department