IMPORTANT DEADLINE FOR Spring 2017: May 2nd
Each semester all BMS students must have their PI sign the tracking form. A copy must be submitted to the BMS office each semester. The deadline for this semester is May 2nd, 2017.
If you are enrolled in BMSP-715 Biomedical Science Seminar, you are required to submit (7) seminar summaries. Please submit via e-mail (email@example.com) or hardcopy to the office by December 9th, 2016.
- BMSP-715 Syllabus and Summaries Form: download here
Research Methods Lab Rotation Summaries
Also due on December 9th, 2016. You may e-mail or drop off a hard copy. Please make sure to submit a copy of your summary to your PI for approval before submission to the BMS office.
- Lab Rotation Guidelines: download here
GRADUATION – May 2017
You have a choice of where to purchase or rent your Regalia from. Rental or purchases at the following locations:
- Grad Fest in the LBC (second floor) on the Uptown Campus ( March 7th and 8th)
- SOM Bookstore (after Grad Fest)
Please note that any orders placed after April 15th will incur a $30.00 late fee.
- Provide the phonetic spelling of your name to Tynette Hills (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 9th. No one wants their names incorrectly pronounced on graduation day!
- Recognition Ceremony Reception
There will be a reception immediately following the Recognition ceremony on Friday, May 18th from 11:30am-1pm in the Ballroom of the Lavin-Bernick Center. Refreshments will be provided, all students faculty and guests are welcome to attend.
- Your graduation fees, $35 non-thesis & thesis (make all checks payable to Tulane University).
- During the diploma ceremony you will receive an empty diploma tube. The actual diplomas will be delivered to your home address 2 to 3 weeks following graduation. (Please review attachments for further details)
** The following are due on April 7, 2017:
- Dissertations need to be submitted to the BMS office in final form (on Archival quality paper) no later than April 7, 2017. No extensions allowed!
- Final defense form (signed by your committee)
- Graduation fees ($55.00)
- Online UMI form (receipt of submission)
- Survey of Earned Doctorates (receipt of submission)
- Howard-Tilton Memorial (receipt of submission)
- For more information, see here: https://tulanebmssa.wordpress.com/dissertation-requirements/
** During the Graduate Hooding and Recognition Ceremony you will receive an empty diploma tube. The actual diplomas will be mailed to your home address.
** Hooders: Please send me an email letting me know who will be hooding you. Your hooder must be a Tulane Faculty member, preferably on your committee. Most students have their advisor hood them. If your advisor is not available, a member of your committee is an acceptable substitute.
FREE After-Hour Parking in Downtown
Students may register for free after-hour parking at the Parking Services Office (8th Floor, Tidewater Building, 8am-4pm M-F). This will allow you to park in the Tidewater, Murphy, and Med School garages on evenings and weekends.
Time of Operation:
During the week (Monday-Friday AFTER 5pm):
- The after-hours card will allow you to park in the Tidewater, Murphy, and Med School garages in the evenings Monday-Friday, beginning at 5:00pm.
- Please be aware that the Tidewater and Murphy garages close at 10:00pm during the week, so you must remove your car from the garage before it is locked in for the night.
- The Med School garage is open 24/7, so you can keep your car there a little later, if needed.
Weekends (Saturday and Sunday):
- On weekends, the Tidewater and Murphy garages are open from 8:00am to 6:00pm. Cars must be removed before the garage closes each weekend night.
- Med School garage is open 24/7.
- A $10 deposit for the parking card, which will be refunded to you once you return the card upon graduation.
- Your Tulane ID (Splashcard).
- Your vehicle registration.